The TestVid Test Pattern set is a comprehensive set of 10 bit YCbCr video test patterns and multichannel audio tests for HD-SDI, HDMI, DVI or VGA. Each test image is exactly sized to a standard video size from NTSC/PAL to 4K and generated in true 10 bit YCbCr space for the most accurate possible output. This set also includes a copy of TestVid Reactor which can losslessly translate the test still and audio to a standard, uncompressed or lightly compressed file for use in other programs.
A/V Sync Test
The T2T test pattern set includes an EBU 3305 derived sync test for all major video standards, including NTSC, PAL, 720p, HD (i/p), 2k, QHD and 4K up to 60 fps. Based on the EBU Tech 3305 Digital Television Test Pattern Sequence for Operation Use. It includes static, motion and audio elements. Sample NTSC and 2K versions are available compressed on YouTube. The supplied sequences are 10 bit YCbCr with 32 bit, 8 channel uncompressed audio in 601, 709 and 2020 colourspaces:
Please note: YouTube version is compressed and only has stereo audio
The real patterns are uncompressed with 8 channels of audio
- Underlying colour bars with red area
- Geometrical square element for the indication of the aspect ratio
- Pattern which marks the centre of the picture • Ramp signal with 10 bit resolution
- Two “End of Line Pulses” at each end, which mark both the analogue and digital horizontal blanking
- The first and last active line of each field are White lines, where the White signal element starts with the first “End of Line Pulse” and ends with the last “End of Line Pulse”
- Reserved area for the insertion of visual information, e.g. source identification, time code, etc
- 1 An underlying red area
- 1 A small horizontal bar, which is moved vertically up and down within the red area.
- 2 An underlying red area
- 2 A broad horizontal bar, which is horizontally altered in its composition within the red area.
- The “three-level test signal” specified in ITU-T Recommendation J.27 "Signals for the alignment of international sound-programme connections" is applied with motion sequence 1.
- A 1020 Hz tone burst with a level of 9 dB below the maximum programme level (0 dBm0s) is applied for the duration of the pattern.
The original documentation of this A/V test is available here:
Digital Television Test Pattern Sequence for Operational Use (EBU Tech 3305)
Please note, this describes only the original PAL/NTSC version that the HD, 2K and 4K patterns are based on.